The date is inching up close, the banner has been put up, the world is poised. Each year, the Apple WWDC event is special not only to Apple fans, but all tech lovers worldwide. The announcements, the plans, and releases are all anticipated for. This is also a great time for app developers everywhere as they come to know about Apple’s plan for this year.
True, we all may not be invited to the event, but does this mean that we will be missing the Keynote Address, the gem of the whole event? This time, Apple has taken a step forward by agreeing to live stream the Apple WWDC Keynote globally to all devices. This was a long expected desire voiced by fans around the globe. So, here is the big question. How can you Livestream Apple WWDC keynote this year? Well, Hotcore has you covered.
Here are the requirements to Livestream Apple WWDC keynote
To view the keynote in an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, the Safari app is compatible on iOS 7.0 and above. If you are viewing the event on a Mac, you can view the whole event with Safari 6.0.5 and above on OS X v10.8.5 and above. Streaming via Apple TV requires 2nd or 3rd generation Apple TV with software 6.2 and above, or with an Apple TV 4th generation.
If you are streaming the event on a Windows device, you can see it in the Edge browser on Windows 10. Now this is a good news for Windows users because this means that they can live stream the event in any Windows 10 device they own, may it be the PC, Surface or phone, on the Edge browser.
Android or any other device :
Apple has not released an official channel or method to stream the Apple WWDC Keynote on an Android or in any other device. Here is how you can do it :
- Download the free VLC Video Player for Windows if you are using a Windows device below Windows 10. You can download VLC Player for Android, if you are using an Android device.
- On Windows : Tap the Media icon and select Open Network System.
- On Android : Hit the hamburger menu and then select the “Stream” option.
- In the URL field, insert the below URL.
Where is this link from? Here’s how to do it. Apple is live streaming the keynote using the HTTP Live Streaming technology to stream the address. This is the video stream that the Apple TV uses to show the keynote.
- Press Play to start the live event. As soon as Apple actually starts the event, when the official stream goes live on Apple TV, you can watch the event. Until then, it might seem that the channel is broken. But, fret not.
The Keynote Address will begin on June 5, Monday, at 10:30 pm IST. Stay tuned to Hotcore for live updates.