Canon has announced the launch of its newest DSLR, the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV. As photographers around the world await impatiently to get their hands on this newest gadget, Hotcore previews it exclusively for you.
Features of Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
Armed with a 30-megapixel resolution and 7 FPS, this full frame DSLR certainly packs a punch. The Canon website advertises the Mark IV as possessing the Power of 5 – a 30.4 MP Full Frame CMOS sensor, ISO 100-32000,7.0 frames per second, 61 point Reticular AF, 150,000 pixels RGB + IR Metering and 4K video recording @ 30fps, Dual Pixel CMOS AF with a touchscreen. The ISO is expandable, 50 – 102400, thus making the Mark IV suitable for shooting in almost any lighting conditions.
Video shooting on the new 5D goes to a whole new level. It can shoot 4k video at up to 30FPS, 1080 at up to 60FPS and 720 at 120FPS. The body has an impressive 3.2” touchscreen LCD and Canon has improved the weather sealing features thus rendering it set for action no matter how tough the conditions outdoors or underwater may be.
One of the most hyped about features of this new launch from Canon is the Dual Pixel RAW technology. Explaining this feature at a press release, Canon stated that it can shift the focus of a picture after it has been taken as well as modify the appearance of a photo’s out of focus region thereby improving the quality of the bokeh. The body of the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV will be available at 254,995 INR, 306995 INR along with the EF 24-70mm f/4L kit lens
and at 324,995 INR along with the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM lens.
Looking at the drawbacks the first thing that you would notice is the absence of a built-in flash. The camera surprisingly lacks a tilt screen feature which is something so easily available in cheaper Canon and other leading DSLR cameras. The 4k video feature is impressive but lacks slow motion feature. Moreover, previews of the camera show that the GPS and Wi-Fi features drain
the battery heavily and it’s best advised to keep these features off when shooting outside. That being said, these drawbacks may or may not impact you depending on your use for the camera.
The end result – the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV promises to be the most versatile DSLR available in the market, performing top notch for any shot, be it landscape, portrait, action and overall commercial photography. With many websites already taking pre-orders, will this beauty be on your Christmas wish list? Do let us know in the comments below.
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- New 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor for versatile shooting in nearly any light, with ISO range 100–32,000; expandable up to 50–102,400.
- 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; in-camera still frame grab* of 4K 8.8-Megapixel images; multiple video options include Full HD up to 60p and HD up to 120p.
- Superb Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or Live View shooting; LCD monitor has a full touch-screen interface, including a selection of AF area.
- Excellent performance — up to 7.0 fps** continuous shooting speed with high-performance DIGIC 6+ Image Processor for improved speed and excellent image quality.
- 61 AF points with expanded vertical coverage with 41 cross-points, and AF possible at all 61 AF points with many lenses + extender combinations effective at f/8.
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor helps provide precise exposure metering, helps detect flickering lights and allows for enhanced scene recognition and face detection capabilities.
- Dual Pixel RAW, in-camera Digital Lens Optimizer during JPEG shooting and Diffraction Correction technologies.
- Built-in Wi-Fi® and NFC connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices, select social media sites, and the Canon Connect Station CS100 device.
- Built-in GPS provides geotag information including auto time syncing with Universal Time Code (UTC) via satellites.